Monday, January 9, 2012

November 21, Day 66

This is the last day I have to go without seeing or talking to my wife due to BCT. Tomorrow is family day!
The focus of today was graduation rehearsal and the Command Sergeant Major's inspection.
The rehearsal took all morning. 15 minutes alone was spent learning how to sit and stand properly. We will have more rehearsals tomorrow morning. I didn't mind it too much though because I know it is going to be an awesome ceremony.
We finished our ASUs today and wore them for inspection. We thought the CSM was going to inspect all of our gear, but he focused mainly on us. With the exception of one female who continued calling the CSM "Sergeant", everything went pretty well.
We turned in weapons tonight and will turn in our gear tomorrow. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. We were told if anything is rejected it will cut into our family time for us to correct the issue.
Tonight's going to be like Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you're still checking this, but this blog is great and very informational. I myself am just waiting for my MEPS trip to get BCT scheduled for this fall. I'm 34, and I'm going in as 09S, hopefully to end up in Signal Corps.

    I have one main question...where in the world were you blogging from while AT BCT?? Did you bring a laptop with you, and given time with it in the evening, or did you have regular access to a computer at BCT? I would really want to know. Thanks

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    I definitely could not have a laptop (or any internet access). We would get phones on rare (less than once per week occasions). It was all about letters. The way I kept it up was by sending my blog entries to my wife by mail and she would type them for me.
    Once you get your address, send it out as soon as you can. You will appreciate every letter you get.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the response. I didn't think it was possible to have a laptop. I didn't think about sending your entries out to be entered for you.

      Thanks for the response!

      Delete