Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2011 09 21

Well everyone, it is Wednesday, hump day, of my first week at BCT. So far, so good. Of course, we all have had our share of "corrective training," but for the most part, the DS is very good at what she does. I feel sure we will be winning a lot of competitions in the weeks to come.
I apologize that I have been unable to keep the commitment of writing every day. There is not time during the day to write, and we've had three nighttime smokings and one overnight 2000 word essay in the past week. Don't worry though, you aren't missing too much yet.
The platoon has started to form together a bit more in the past two days, but there are some tempers coming out. Please pray for positive, motivated attitudes for me and my fellow "battle buddies."
Tomorrow we finally receive our rifles. I am thrilled! This is just one step closer to getting away from the dull and boring ppts and equipment issues and on to training with the fun stuff.
So far, things have been good for me. I have managed to stay on the good side of the DS somehow, and she is beginning to call me out more for help with certain things. But of course, that could all change tomorrow. Please pray for me though, that I will remain a motivated recruit and not give up during tough smokings.
Graduation is a good motivation. I've seen other recruits finishing basic and going to graduation. I can't wait for that to be me. Graduation is set for Wednesday, November 23, the day before Thanksgiving. The countdown begins!
As you've read, tonight is my very first opportunity to get a "good" night's rest. It is currently 2300 and lights come on at 0400. Believe it or not, 5 hours is going to feel E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T!
So for now, I'll cut it short, but don't worry, when the good stuff comes, I'll give more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment