Friday, September 30, 2011

Sept. 24, 2011

Well I'm pulling my first 50/50 fireguard shift. Some of the guys forgot to secure their lockers, so half of us have to stay up half the night, then we switch.
I think I'll start giving you all a DS quote of the day. Today's quote comes from our company DS who happens to also be my Platoon DS. "Are you bleeping scared of me, Private? You're telling me you're scared of a 5'2" Mexican? You should be 'cause I will wrap your bleep up like a bleep bleep burrito. Or do you prefer tacos?"
Today wasn't all that bad. It marks the end of the first training week. However, I did learn that a 6 pound M-16 can get heavy really quick when you have to squat with arms extended during a smoke session.
We received our gas masks today. It looks like our day in the gas chamber is Tuesday. In a way though, I'm glad about it, because it marks the start of the fun training.
Several of us will be heading to chapel tomorrow. They have a general Protestant service at 0930. I just hope the minister is a great speaker thought because a 30 minute sermon gets long when you have a full week of 4 hours or less of sleep.
More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment