Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sept. 25, 2011

Well today we finally had a bit of a break in the form of chapel. My battle buddies and I were able to load a bus and go to chapel where there were NO Drill Sergeants!!! I took for granted just how much of a stress relief it would be. As soon as we started singing, I started tearing up feeling the built-up stress start to melt away.
One of the coolest things about the service though was the other soldiers. Everyone sang at the top of their lungs with no hint of being ashamed of worshipping. It was a pure worship experience that helped me refocus my mind.
When we returned to the barracks, everyone had detail (work). I was assigned a grounds detail. It was a beautiful day, so it was great to work outside, again without the DSs.
In talking to the other platoons, it has become even more clear that we have the strictest DS in our platoon. Where we've had seven or eight smoke sessions already, they have had one or two. And no, they aren't better. Both lost their phase banners and one even lost their title "assasins" and were renamed the "care bears." When they sound off, they have to yell "we're so fluffy."
While that's hilarious, it is somewhat frustrating that we are getting harsher treatment. Of course, I know that it will make us better.
So one week down. Next week should go by quickly as we are kicking off the interesting training with the gas chamber and the victory tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment