Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oct. 6, 2011 Day 20

Today was great. Two words: LIVE GRENADES.
We went to the grenade range and after practicing with dummy grenades, we were given two live fragmentation grenades to throw. It was a great experience.
The range instructors also took the time to demonstrate an incendiary grenade, which melts through engine blocks, and smoke grenades.
Once we completed the grenade training, our company first sergeant called us together and announced that my platoon (3rd) had a female set a new female distance record on the range. This earned our platoon our first streamer.
Then it was time for our first ruck march. When I initially strapped the 25 lb ruck on my back, I was a bit concerned about the 5 mile route. I wasn't so much worried about the weight, but my ruck is quite uncomfortable with the bars poking into my spine as I walk. However, the march was pretty good. We were forced to spread out on the road, so you can completely clear your mind. It was actually in a weird way, relaxing.
When we got back though, we were all starving. Lunch was served at 1100, and it was now 1800. This may not seem like a large gap to you, but considering chow is the only time we get food (no snacks) and our high level of activity, we needed food. To our great delight, IT WAS SLOPPY JOE NIGHT! We almost ate our thumbs gobbling the food down so fast.
Thank you all for your continued prayer, support and encouragement for me and my family. It means more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment