Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct. 12, 2011 Day 26

Today I got a new love for mail call. It has been awhile due to the holiday weekend. I received 11 letters! Four came from my wife and the rest were from our amazing family! It means so much and makes things so much easier to know that you all are praying and thinking of me and my family during this trying time.
THANK YOU!
We had another round of BRM today. It was pretty awesome. We shot at a 175m target, man-sized. The coolest thing about it was that the target is connected to a computer that provides instant feedback as to where you hit (or missed). (I wonder how much a system like that costs. :) )
Our time was cut short a little bit due to some bad weather. Those of you who don't like storms, try waiting one our in a 20x15 3 wall steel shelter. Nothing happened though. The storm thankfully missed us.
During that time, I was asked by the other soldiers to lead them in a class for loading/clearing the M240 (PIG) and M249 (SAW). It made me feel great to actually be able to teach some of them. As you can probably imagine, many of the soldiers here have never held a weapon. They barely grasp the M-16 and are then tossed automatic weapons. That's what I call drinking from the fire hose.
When we got back, something pretty funny happened. Our DS was talking to the other Platoons in the company. I forget exactly what she was saying to them, but it ended with her asking us, "Do you love me 3rd?" We responded, "YES DRILL SERGEANT." We spent the next little while doing pushups to the cadence "I-LOVE-YOU, I-LOVE-YOU." Apparently, "Yes" was the wrong answer, but something tells me "No" would have been wrong too. Hey, without PT, how can you get Army Strong?
Tomorrow we get to fire the Autos!!! So it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment