Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oct. 13, 2011 Day 27

Let me start with something I've been neglecting to talk about regarding daily activities, PT.
I don't really want to go into a ton of detail, but I will say it is ridiculously cold! At 0500, in Missouri, in October, I've experienced a new kind of cold when it's windy and the prescribed uniform is "summer" PTs, aka, shorts and t-shirt. At least today they let us wear our jackets.
PT is helping me though. I can tell I'm getting better in all three categories. Not to mention, I need a smaller uniform now.
So today's training was on the M240B and the M249. They are both automatic weapons (7.62 and 5.56). I realized something...it's nothing like the computer games.
I could not see a single round hitting to tell where I was hitting. Not to mention, they jump around pretty strong.
The rest of the day was spent cleaning the weapons that fired close to 30K rounds in just a few hours. I love cleaning and tearing down weapons though, so it was a good afternoon for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment