Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oct. 10, 2011 Day 24

Today was a great day at BCT!
We started off with combatives, hand-to-hand combat. My battle buddy has a lot of MMA (mixed martial arts) experience, so it was even more fun. We learned some basic techniques that we will build on over time. I have missed Tae Kwon Do as of late, so it was nice to get a taste of that again.
The rest of the day, we watched videos. It's Columbus Day, so they (the DSs) relaxed. We watched "Over There," a TV series that was short-run about US Army soldiers in the 3rd Infantry Division in Iraq.
But the way the day ended was the best: a 20 minute phone call home. It is so great to hear my wife's voice. It is completely rejuvenating to my spirit.
Also on a positive note, tonight I was given my first leadership assignment: 3 Squad-Fire Team 1 Leader.
Do please keep praying for me and the other privates here. The private I wrote about before received more bad news today, and the others are a bit discouraged over different things. The biggest thing for us all now is to stay healthy and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment