Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oct. 23, 2011 Day 37

Well yesterday was a rough day at the end of a rough week. I am sure you could tell from the tone of my writing. But today was a much better day.
Of course it started off with chapel. It means so much more to me than it ever has before. Just to have that mental, physical and spiritual break from training rejuvenates me for the new week.
Something pretty impactful happened to me there too. They were handing out mini-devotionals and Bibles at the service. I opened my devotional and one of the first verses listed was 1 Timothy 4:8, the same verse I wrote about before. That helped me recover some focus!
After service, we basically did detail the rest of the day. I was fortunate enough to get another outside detail, so I loved it.
After dinner, we went out for some personal PT time. It was great, but it had to be cut short when DS discovered that two PVTs appeared to have MRSA (a contagious staph bacteria that most often causes infections on the skin). That's two PVTs, from my platoon, from my bay! We stopped PT and went inside to disinfect everything (because you can get MRSA by touching objects that have the bacteria on them). From my experience with my job around clean rooms, I helped guide the group on where to focus most. Then I helped govern showers to ensure 1) everyone took one 2) everyone wore shower shoes 3) the worst part, checked everywhere for any signs of MRSA.
Please pray that this does not continue to spread and that the PVTs who have it heal quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment