Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 7 & 8, Day 21/22

I had to double up on days for this one due to no personal time on Friday.
Friday, we returned to the rifle range for those who had not been able to group/zero yet. Our company First Sergeant assigned me to take photos for the event. I was right at home. I spent the day walking around taking photos from every angle.
After we finished, we returned to the bays, but had no personal time as we had a wake-up call at 0300 for our first PT diagnostic.
When we returned to the bay, we did peer evaluations. Basically, we each listed the top three and bottom three soldiers based on the past three weeks. It was pretty harsh as the DS read out the evaluations after they were all in. Two of the bottom three weren't a surprise, but one was. I got several votes for one of the top, but I didn't have near the most. Pray that we will all use this as a learning experience instead of something to fight or brag about.
Our first PT diagnostic wasn't all that bad. I did better on the 2 minute push-ups and the 2 mile run than I expected, but I failed the sit-ups by ONE. I was pretty ticked at myself because I neglected my sit-ups to work on the other two. Just goes to show that you have to keep your focus on every detail. I've set my goals though. By the end of BCT I want to have 70 on push-ups and sit-ups in 2 minutes and under 14 minutes on the 2 mile.
After the PT test, we had our first phasing ceremony. That's right! We phased to white today, our our student leadership, and our new haircuts. This marks the 1/3 point and a change for the better. Of course, as our DS was sure to make clear, we can always take a step back.
The rest of the day has been pretty relaxing. I think the long weekend has many on vacation. Either way, I welcome the relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment