Friday, October 7, 2011

Sept. 30, 2011

It's Friday again! Sunday number 4 is fast approaching.
I did not get the chance to write yesterday because WE ARE OFF 50/50 and we were forced to go straight to bed with no personal time. It was a great night's sleep though. It's crazy that 7 hours is considered "sleeping in" now.
Yesterday, there wasn't much to write about. We spent almost the entire day in combat life saver class, which ended with a written exam. I scored 100 on my first attempt, but we had over 40 in our company fail their first attempt. In the second attempt, two failed again and will now be NSO'd (New Start Over, aka recycled).
We've also gained three people in our platoon. One male was a medical NSO, so he is resuming training with us. One male is on unit watch (aka suicide watch). He's made two attempts at this life already. Please say a prayer for him.
For unit watch, three people stand around one bunk with the center bay lights on all night while the person sleeps. The person also required two battle buddies everywhere they go. The females have two on unit watch too, but it's suspected that they just want to get out.
Dumb Move. If you want to quit, you just quit. Going on unit watch requires you to attend weeks of therapy and board reviews before you can be released.
Today was pretty cool. We went to the warrior tower. All we did today was rappel off the 60 ft. wall, but it was still a lot of fun.
The DSs are actually helping things to be fun now. To my shock, they have already been lightening up a bit. Or maybe we just aren't repeating the same stupid crap that gets them mad. Either way, it's a welcome change I hope will last.
We got the first mail call last night. It may as well have been a comedy show. Let me tell you, in the hands of our DS, an envelope can be a deadly weapon. I caught one piece of mail right in my eye-pros (glasses).
(On a side note, if you would like to mail anything, please avoid sharp/heavy objects, or very stiff aero-dynamic mail). :) Do it for the soldiers who are going to catch it in the face.
I feel like I've rambled in each of these entries. Hopefully my wife has been editing them to make sense. Before you judge, just keep in mind the conditions of my writing.
One last prayer request. My Battle Buddy injured his foot pretty badly today on the rappel tower. It reminded me of what I did on one of our beach vacations. He can hardly walk on it, so he is heading to sick call tomorrow. Please pray that he heals quickly so that he does not miss enough training to require NSO.

No comments:

Post a Comment