Monday, October 3, 2011

Sept. 28, 2011

Well, I'm writing this on my fourth straight night of 50/50 fireguard (aka 3 hours of sleep). We're actually starting to adjust to it though.
Today had its ups and downs The downs first...
The DS gave everyone a one-time opportunity to quit without fear of repercussions. We had 2 in our platoon quit. Then we had a guy find out, after two weeks of BCT, that he has a medical issue and will need to be discharged. He is from Nigeria, and this was his dream. Please say a prayer for him as he will be going up and having paperwork go up to review boards who will determine whether or not he will ever be allowed to return.
The "up" of the day was going to shoot weapons for the first time. It was not a live range, but an electronic range. It was impressive because it could show the slightest movements in your muzzle. My first time shooting the M-16 and I've already met standard. Now it's time to go for expert.
It's Wednesday, which means family day for graduates. It was great to be reminded of what's to come, but it was also a little painful as I haven't had but one 2 minute phone call since I arrived, nor have I received any letters. (Note from Dee--I've sent plenty, they're just taking forever to arrive!) Of course, I haven't received letters because they take time to get here, but it is tough to only have this one-way communication for now.
Things will be speeding up soon. We'll be going to the victory tower on Friday. Starting next week, we'll have a ton of range time.
Thank you all for your continued prayer for me and the rest of the Echo 2-10 Disciples!

No comments:

Post a Comment