Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oct. 19, 2011 Day 33

Today was a much better day. We started with climbing drills, which are various pushups, for PT, and then we moved to the range for qualification practice.
The qualification range has pop-up targets ranging from 50 to 300 meters. Occasionally, you'll even have pairs at the same time. I did okay today, 31 out of 40. To qualify, you only need 23, but I want qualification of expert, which is 36. You get 40 rounds exactly, so no multiple shots. Considering it was my first time on this range, and the fact that my first magazine had a feed malfunction in the middle of the first round, I feel confident I can meet my goal. I just need to take my time with it.
While others were practicing, I took some time to read the Bible a bit. A pretty impactful verse jumped out at me:
"Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8
For obvious reasons, this verse related to me, and it really helped me re-evaluate my focus to ensure that I keep in mind the reason I am here in the first place.
Later tonight, we had a discussion with our First Sergeant. We talked about the good and the bad from the past five weeks, and he gave us advice for the remaining time. I just hope our platoon takes it to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment