Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2011 09 22

Today's Thursday of my first BCT week. I feel a lot more rested tonight. The guys are all starting to gel a bit better. I think the team development course actually lived up to its name.
We went there this morning with our rucksacks, but had to leave about halfway through due to some horrible weather. But the afternoon did not continue with the disappointment. We received our gas-powered, air-cooled, 5.56 mm M16 rifles today. I've decided not to name mine until I fire it for the first time, but I'll let you know what I decide.
Our platoon today actually made it through without getting smoked! The DSs all seemed to be in a great mood, which made for a great day.
Things here are still pretty slow going, which is why these letters are short. Unless you want to hear details about our classroom training, such as equal opportunity, payroll, laundry, etc.
Don't worry though, once we get to the good stuff, I won't spare any details.
Thank you all for your continued prayer and support!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is that I am jealous. Awesome that you are going through it! I hope to be there some day soon.

    ReplyDelete