Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nov. 1, 2011 Day 46

Finally it's November. Three weeks from today, I'll be on Family Day, getting ready to graduate. It's a good feeling, but it can also drive you crazy.
Today we took our red dots out to the range for some ARM practice. It was pretty fun to shoot and move. We spent the entire day there and ended with a night fire.
The night fire was really cool. We didn't have tracers, but you still saw the flash of sparks as the rounds impacted the ground. It is a completely different experience firing with a night vision scope.
After lunch today, our company commander instructed me to help teach a soldier who had not yet been able to qualify with his M-16. I took him aside for awhile and at the end of the day, he qualified with a score of 27! I felt great that I was able to help him out.
In between firing, we started practicing for NIC (Night Infiltration Course). We did many 5 second rush, high crawl, back crawl, and low crawl drills in full battle rattle. I am still picking the tall grass and weeds out of my uniform.
It's been a week without mail call and two weeks without a phone call. Hopefully one of the two will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment