Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov. 13, 2011 Day 58

Today was a pretty good day at Fort Lost in the Woods. :)
Chapel was great. It allowed me to refocus prior to this FTX tomorrow.
After the service, it was all about FTX.
DS requested that I be on the detail team, so I was out there for detail and for the leadership recon all afternoon. The FOB (forward operating base) is pretty large and pretty cool. It's going to be a lot of fun, especially since we get to play the enemy first.
I spent my time walking the perimeter. I found plenty of well-covered spots to infiltrate. I can't wait to get out there and see how our team does.
So one funny note, I am now known as "Grandpa Belvin." We have some uncles and great-grandpas as well.
Now it's time for my last good night's sleep for awhile...

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you to both you and SPC Belvin for allowing others to understand and learn what he is experiencing at BCT. I leave Jan. 18th for mine at Fort Jackson and this has really given me a day-by-day glance at what it will be like. It helps ease the nerves a bit. Again, thank you for everything. I'm so glad you are able to see him soon at graduation. Best wishes to your entire family.

    Sincerely,
    SPC Crumpley

    ReplyDelete