Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov. 10 & 11, Days 55 & 56

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday for a few different reasons. The main reason was that we spent until 2150 prepping for a major inspection from our commander. We also had to wake up at 0300 (after my 0100-0200 fireguard) to do final preparation.
These past two days have required a lot of patience and flexibility, but thankfully, the Lord has provided that to me.
Today has been spent preparing for FTX3, our last training event (including the 16K ruck march at the end). We'll be out in the field from Monday until Wednesday pulling missions 24/7. Apparently, I will be up a lot more than the other...an O9S (officer candidate), of which there are only 3 in my platoon, will be on every mission as the Platoon Leader. It will be great practice for OCS (Officer Candidate School), so I am excited. But I also know I will get very little sleep during those 3 days.
We are also hearing the weather may not be the greatest. I am hoping we will still stay out and have plenty of missions, especially after FTX2 was so boring.
Please pray for our safety, good weather, and good attitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment