Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov. 7, 2011 Day 52

Well, all that rain we've been missing decided to show up today. In fact, it was so rainy in the morning, our PT was held in the bays. The positive though is that it wasn't cold, so the rain was bearable.
We spent the morning at a range practicing ARM. We fired from standing, kneeling, and prone positions with the added complexity of remaining behind a barrier. The training flew by, so we used our time to practice Drill & Ceremony for tomorrow's competition.
One funny thing happened before the Drill & Ceremony practice though. I was named the PG. [Note from Dee--not sure of the exact meaning of this abbreviation, but this is the student platoon leader.] I am sure it will be a short-lived assignment as DS is trying to give everyone in the platoon a leadership role before graduation. I will admit that even in the first day it has been an added stress to an already stressful BCT. But just like all the other stresses here, I am sure I'll be better for it in the end.
When we returned to the bays, we spent most of the time cleaning. For some reason, out of the blue, DS asked me to sing her "Hakuna Matata" from "The Lion King." I stood, but responded, "I'm not sure I remember all of the words, Drill Sergeant." I guess that was the wrong answer, as I spent the next 10 minutes doing push-ups. Apparently, "The Lion King" is one of her favorite movies.
Finally, we phased to blue today! Hopefully it will last. Because of that, we got a 20 minute phone call, and I forgot to mention mail call too!
It's been a great start to the week, and the countdown continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment