Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nov. 4, 2011 Day 49

Believe it or not, MO has crazier weather than NC. It was snowing yesterday morning and today it was back around the 60s'. It was a beautiful day.
We went back to the qualification range today, now with our red dot sights. We shot a 20 target qualification table to learn the equipment better. I hit 18 out of 20. Not to shabby considering 3 of the 18 were at 300 meters. I wish I could have done that when it counted.
After shooting, we waited and waited and waited on trans to take us back to the bays. During that time our XO took time to talk to the officer candidates about OCS (Officer Candidate School). It was great to hear his input, especially since he just went last fall. He answered a lot of our questions and made me a lot more comfortable with the next step.
Now I'm going to hit the sack for another week down.

No comments:

Post a Comment