Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov. 12, 2011 Day 57

Not much significant occurred today other than our FINAL PT test. It's great to have that behind us. My sit-ups and push-ups stayed about the same, but my 2-mile dropped again to 14:45. I'll need to keep working though for OCS (Officer Candidate School).
We had a female in our platoon score a 343! She set a new company record. The "highest" you can earn is a 300 if you max everything, but if you make everything, you can go to the extended scale.
We had some OCS time with the commander yesterday to discuss our Platoon Leader responsibilities during FTX3. I think it's going to be a great experience to prepare for OCS. Let's just hope the weather cooperates.
One quick thing I think I forgot to mention. On Thursday, I got to call cadence for the company as we returned from the DFAC (dining facilities). It was pretty cool to be out calling. I did "Proud Mary" (rolling on the river).
I won't be writing for the next couple of days (or sleeping) due to FTX3, but I'll be sure to fill you in when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment